Friday, September 13, 2013

Gradient Soap Challenge


This month I joined the soap challenge from Great Cakes Soapworks. This months challenge was to make a gradient soap using 3 colors. This was my first time entering the soap challenge and my first time making a gradient soap! It actually went really well. The fragrance is Cedarwood Sage. I planned everything out, printed out the instructions. I even wrote down on paper my layers so I wouldn't get things mixed up. For the soap I used green, yellow and orange for a fall color theme. I also used just a sprinkle of glitter on the top of the soap. Here are some pictures I put into a collage. This is the beginning stages of the soap, from mixing colors to layering, to the plops on top! I did leave out some of the layering pics but you get the point.



This next set of pictures are when the soap has hardened, before I cut the soap in it's loaf form and then the cut bars. For this gradient soap I used colorants from TKB, all my other supplies used are from Bramble Berry, Wholesale Supplies Plus & Natures Garden.





And here is the final product! All in all I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish that the layers were just a tad more pronounced but I'm pretty proud of it!


Cedarwood Sage Gradient Soap




Thanks for stopping by! And thanks to Amy of Great Cakes Soapworks for hosting this great challenge. It's always fun to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment